Ground Pork on toast with Thai herbs and sweet corn.
1. 1 lb. of ground pork
2. 1/2 cup of sweet corn
3. 2 table spoons of sliced lemongrass (or more if you like)
4. 5 garlic cloves
5. 1/2 of a red onion
6. 1/2 table spoon of black pepper
7. 1/2 table spoon of Thai chilies
8. 1 table spoon of all-purpose flour
9. 2 eggs
10. 2 table spoons of soy sauce
11. 1/2 tea spoon of salt
12. 1 tea spoon of sugar
13. loaf of white bread, each slice is quartered
14. Vegetable oil to fry
15. sliced fresh vegetables (cucumber, carrot, lettuce) to eat on the side
16. Asian sweet/spicy sauce to dip the cooked toast in (You can get it from an Asian grocery store.)
1. Put ground Thai chilies in the food processor/mortar. Add lemongrass, ground black pepper, garlic, red onion. Grind all of them together.
2. Place ground pork in a bowl and add all-purpose flour, sweet corn, eggs. Mix the ground ingredients with these ingredients.
3. Add salt, sugar, and soy sauce to the bowl. Mix/stir together. Leave it for 15-30 minutes and let it sit.
4. Take your quartered bread and apply the mixture to the top of each quartered slice of bread.
5. Place the side with the meat down in the pan with the cooking oil. Once it is lightly fried (toast turns brown) flip the piece over. It is important that the meat cooks before turning over the toast to brown the other side.
6. Serve and watch your family and friends enjoy!
Recipe and photos by Natthinee Khot-asa Jones